Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Project Number Two - Mesh Tote Bag

Here is the second project I made with Beth - plastic mesh tote bags. I had never worked with the plastic mesh before, but it was surprisingly easy to sew on. I just put a heavy duty needle in the machine and was good to go.

This was another project that I had purchased in a kit and could not understand the directions. Will I never learn not to buy these pre-packaged kits??? LOL



Fortunately for me, Beth had used this exact same pattern before, so she knew how to make them. The yellow bag turned out just a bit smaller than it should have been due to a cutting mistake on my part.  If you click on the photos for a closer look, you can see that we played around with the stitching on these too.


If you would be interested in the pattern, let me know. I'd be more than happy to share it with you. If you are in the Tucson area, I have seen this plastic mesh for sale at The Quilt Basket on Tanque Verde Road. Otherwise, I'm sure it is available for purchase on line.

Can't wait till tomorrow to show you our third project - little girl dresses!

2 comments :

becky said...

Luv them! Thanks for letting me have the orange one! I absolutely luv it!!! I am getting so spoiled!

Unknown said...

Beautiful bags.. Love them.. :))