Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Back!

Oh who was I kidding .... I knew I couldn't stay away from sewing/crafting for very long!!

I've been busy working on baby things. I made a blanket for our neighbors who are fostering a little boy named Chase:


And I made my very first Rag Quilt:



It was surprisingly easy to do, just very time-consuming... all that cutting of squares, then sewing together of the squares, then the snipping! I went to Jo-Ann's halfway through all that snipping and bought me a pair of Fiskars specifically made for snipping rag quilts (using 40% off coupon they only cost about $12). They were worth every penny!

This is my "practice" rag quilt, as some of my squares did not come out exactly 8" while cutting and it is noticeable. I will definitely be making more of these as baby gifts in the future. I used the video tutorial/pattern found here.  I searched all over the Internet and this was the best explanation I could find; the video tutorial is a huge help. Here is a more up-close shot:



This one is about 42 X 46 and only required about 2 yards of each flannel (I already had it in my stash). Let me know if you make one of these, I'd love to see it!

No comments :