Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby Love

I love making baby things.... they are always so cute and adorable, and so much fun to make. Here are a few projects I finished recently:




These tie onesies are so cute for baby boys and so easy. Simply adhere Wonder Under to your fabric, cut out the tie shapes, and iron them on. I then stitch around them with a straight stitch.

I made this for my new great niece Natalie who is due to arrive in December:


All I used was a scrap piece of muslin, some pink fabric and some brown polka dot fabric that were in my scrap bin. I added Wonder Under to the pink fabric and then ironed it on to the muslin. I added Wonder Under to the brown polka dot fabric, traced my "n" to the paper side of the Wonder Under (make sure you trace it in the reverse!) then cut out my letter and ironed it to the pink fabric. Using a zig zag stitch, I used brown thread and sewed around the edges of the pink fabric; using a straight stitch, I sewed around the letter using pink thread. I then stuck it in the embroidery hoop, trimmed up the back and glued the remaining pieces down with white glue. This project cost me all of $1.49 for the embroidery hoop, and I think it will look so cute in her nursery!

I am working on another baby project and will post that when I am finished with it - hope it turns out as planned!

No comments :