Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kindle Fire Case

For my birthday tomorrow, hubby got me a Kindle Fire. I whipped up this case to keep it in for now. I might change my mind and make something more complex later, but for now, this works!



The tutorial for it can be found here.

Here is the inside:


The fabric is some Michael Miller that I had in my stash that I really love.


Project Notes:

  • I used 1/4 inch seam except for topstitching; for that I did about 1/8 of an inch
  • It is much easier to sew on your velcro strips before you sew up the sides
  • I used Heat n Bond Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing, but if I were to make this again, I think I would use something a little thicker and/or stronger
  • To make the curve lay nice and flat, I cut little slits in it prior to turning
  • I hate hand sewing, so I hot-glued my button on the front (purely decorative anyway)
Let me know if you make one!


2 comments :

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

It is so cute! Thank you for sharing. Also, thank you for the visit and sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn

pattas said...

MY age shows when I had to google what a kindle fire is.. LOL
well now that I know I love the cover you have made.. The material you used is lovely and summery :))
Happy Belated birthday to you ..Hope you had lots of cake (my weakness )..