Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Don't Throw Out Those Jars!!

Especially if you have a Silhouette machine! Now that I have discovered the wonder that is my Silhouette Cameo, I have been going a little vinyl crazy.

I had stashed a bunch of jars thinking that someday they would come in handy for a craft project, and I was right. I made this the other day:


I just found a font I liked (Sunshine Poppy) and printed out the word "treats" and applied it to my jar. For the lid, I mod-podged some scrapbook paper to it and that was it (for a great tutorial on how to do that, go here.) It was so easy and quick. This would make a great last-minute gift idea for someone - after all, who doesn't love treats?? If you don't have scrapbook paper, you could also just spray paint the lid of your jar.




Speaking of jars, I made this the other day for a friend of mine who is going to Disneyland in a couple of months:


I love how this turned out! I saw something similar to this on Pinterest. Most of the ones I saw they spray-painted Mickey black - I liked how he looked just as is (got him at Dollar Tree) so I just used my E-6000 glue and attached him to the lid of the jar. I found the cute jar at either Marshalls or Ross, can't remember which, for $3. The lid was brown, so I just spray-painted it black. 

The black vinyl was made using a font called "Minnie" (and yes, there is also a font called "Mickey".) I think my friend is going to go crazy over this!


I've done more projects with my Silhouette, including using heat transfer vinyl, so stay tuned!

Linked up with:




5 comments :

glor said...

Sandy, these are adorable and look like they are much more in creating then you said. How wonderful. Will start saving some jars!

Sharon Marie said...

Great ideas. I don't think I'll be canning much after this year so here's a good way to use some of my jars.

Mandy Coffey said...

mickey moola! thats clever! i love it!

Mandy
Small Fine Print

Scarlett @Scarletts Excellent Adventures said...

Cute idea! I too like Mickey, "as is."

Lynn said...

Lovin' the Micky Moola jar:@)
PS-You won the apron, please e-mail me with your address-thanks!