Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hello!!

Some of you probably wondered if I fell off the face of the earth!  No, I have just been keeping busy since the first of the year. We got a new puppy January 2 and she is ALOT of work!!  I had no idea! She is my first dog ever, so it has been a new experience for me.  Her name is Lulu and she is an absolutely adorable Malti-Poo:


She is 5 months old now and quite a handful. She is a little ball of energy, but she is so much fun and is a great addition to our family.

I have done some sewing projects, but unfortunately the hard drive in my computer crashed a few months ago, so I lost ALL of my pictures. I am still trying to see if I can get someone to try to recover all the stuff from that hard drive. :(



I do have a couple of recent projects I can show you though. I found a great tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company for a self-binding baby blanket. You can find it here. I subscribe to their You Tube channel because they regularly post great sewing and quilting videos... be sure and go check them out. Here is what my finished blanket looks like:

And here is an up-close shot of the stitching:


I just followed along with the video and it was such an easy project. It was neat to be able to use some of the special stitches on my machine that I so rarely use. I bought some flannel on sale recently at Jo-Anns and plan on making three more of these! I think they will make great baby gifts.

I made this cute Car Cozie for our great-nephew:


It is made sort of like the crayon caddies, with pockets to hold their little cars, and a road built right in!  Tutorial can be found here.

For our nephew and his fiance, I made this pillow and then with the leftover scraps, the coasters/holder to match:





The pattern for both of these projects can be found here.

On the crafting side, I made an Easter wreath out of tulle:


I used the instructions found here.

I am currently working on baby projects; seems that there are always people I know having babies! I want to make more of those self-binding blankets, along with some pee pee tee pees, since everyone seems to be having boys!

I will post pictures when I got those projects finished. Hope everyone is doing well - I promise it won't be so long between posts next time!  :)







No comments :