Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DIY Halloween Decorating

I've been decorating the house, inside and out, for Halloween. Thought I would share with you a couple of DIY projects I did.

I wanted a mat for my front door, but did not want to spend the $15 or so they wanted for one at the store, so I made my own! I found this black mat at Target for $3.99:


Some orange spray paint and a pumpkin stencil made out of cardboard later, I had this:


I think I like it even better than the ones I saw at Target! 

Next, I had an old plaque that had gotten faded from the sun and had definitely seen better days:

I spray painted it with a coat of orange, then a bit of black, then another bit of orange


I hot-glued on some Halloween pom poms I found for $1 a package and voila


A new "Boo" Halloween sign!

A few photos of my front porch:



Hope this inspires you to create something yourself!



This post was linked to:

Visit thecsiproject.com 


4 comments :

Kelley said...

I love the door mat... what a great idea!

Sarah Coggins said...

Great ideas! Your door mat is very cute and what a deal! :)

Abby said...

I love projects that cost hardly anything to make! Very cute and festive Halloween decorations :)

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

so so cute! I was actually thinking about making one of these this weekend!!