Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fabric Trays

I decided to make more of these fabric trays. They are really addictive... once you make one, you really do have to make more. I have been playing around with sizes too. Here is the first one I made according to the instructions:
Once my sister saw it, she wanted me to make her a smaller one that she could put on her desk at work to hold candy. So I made this one 8 X 8:

Once you fold up the sides, it obviously becomes smaller than what you started with. I think I will try 10 X 10 next.

I think these would be soooo cute for Halloween filled up with candy, don't you? I also used Pellon 808 Craft Fuse (found at Jo-Anns) as my fusible fleece. It is very sturdy and really helps to hold the shape. 

I'm making some more of these to sell at the craft show, but of course I am keeping one for myself!