Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Easy and Inexpensive Felt Flower Pillow


Somehow or another I came across this blog and absolutely fell in love with the felt flower pillow that Brandi made.  It was one of those projects I knew I had to make right away.

I purchased some really pretty embossed felt from Hobby Lobby (around 80 cents a sheet) and some inexpensive muslin and got to work. I used Brandi's method of attaching the felt flowers to the front of the pillow with fabric glue. To make my semi-circles more uniform, I got out my biscuit cutter and traced around it on the back of the felt, then cut out the circle and then cut that in half - it worked great!

I sewed the pillow and made an envelope closure on the back. Here is a side view so you can see the layers of felt:



And here is the back:



I absolutely love making pillows! This was my first time making an envelope back closure and I really liked it - it was simple to do and you can remove it to wash the pillow cover if needed (although obviously you wouldn't want to do that with this particular pillow).

I gifted it to my sister-in-law Becky - I have made her so many pillows her hubby is ready to kill me!

Thanks so much for the inspiration Brandi, you are so talented and creative. :)