Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My New Sewing/Craft Room

With the help of my wonderful sister-in-law Becky, the sewing/craft room in our new home is all organized and beautiful. Let me take you on a tour. Here is the view from the doorway:
Right to the left as you come in, you see the cute picture frames that Becky made me:


Here is the view facing the closet:


Above the closet doors is my favorite thing in the room; it is a "Sandy Sewz" sign that Becky made for me... isn't it awesome???


Right in front of the window is my desk with my computer and printer:

On the wall to the left of the desk is the bulletin board, also made by Becky! The armoire to the right of the desk has my television on top, and is filled with fabric:


The fabric is stored on comic book boards, an idea I had seen here. It worked great!
Becky stayed up till the wee hours folding fabric onto boards... I am so lucky to have her!

To the right of the armoire is a 9-cubby organizer I purchased at Target that is filled with yarn:


Do you see the cute buttons above the storage cubby? Once again, my creative sister-in-law made these (inspired by the blog post found here)  I had seen that project and wanted to make them, but never got around to it - Becky saw it too and made them for me, and we had never even talked about them!

On top of the cubby are magazine storage boxes that Becky also made me! She purchased plain white boxes from Ikea and then decorated them with scrapbook paper.  They hold my quilting and sewing magazines.

Here is my sewing area:


It is pretty small, but it will do for now. Eventually I want to get a bigger table to sew on. In front of it is another Target cubby; the "Craft" and "Create" signs were purchased at Jo-Anns.

This room has a great closet, and we took advantage of every inch of space:





I needed more fabric storage, and Becky came up with the great idea of using closet organizers:



They hang from the rod in the closet and give me lots of room ... look, there's even empty space for more fabric... yay!

I found this ironing board cover at Ross, and since it was the colors of the room, I just had to get it:



I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my wonderful sister-in-law for all of her help with this room ... she is so great at organizing things, I think she missed her calling!

I sooooooo love my new space, and have already made several things. I'll save them for another post though. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

7 comments :

Sharon Marie said...

Very pretty and great organization.

becky said...

You are sooooo welcome! I really enjoyed doing it for you! Can't wait to see all of the many crafts you will crank out now that you have a fun and inviting space to work in!

hooksandyarns said...

Wow - this is a pretty room. Great organization. :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You have a wonderfully thoughtful, creative and kind SIL! Lucky you! The room looks great. Have fun crafting. Best wishes, Tammy

DaCraftyLady said...

just lovely

glor said...

Sandy, its wonderful! It's a piece of heaven no doubt. The sign, I love the sign ... the fabric ... all of it. What a wonderful place to be.

FlyAwayHome said...

What a amazing sis in law you must have. Your room looks great and thanks for the tip on the comic book boards.