Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Sewing Projects

I got quite a few sewing projects done this weekend, but still have more baby stuff I have to do. The newest addition to the family that I am sewing for, baby Evan, is a month old already!

I made him some cute onesies:


I just love the tie one, isn't it adorable?

And some burp pads made from cloth diapers:



I have crocheted him a blanket, hat and sweater too. I need to make some bibs and small receiving blankets then I think I will be done.

I also made some more pillows this weekend (big surprise, huh?). My younger sister came over last night and I walked her through how to make an envelope closure pillow step-by-step, so I am hoping she attempts one soon. I gave her my old sewing machine when I got my new one and have been encouraging her to sew.



These pillows only required 2 fat quarters and a 16 X 16 pillow form. The nice thing about them is you can sew up a bunch in your decor colors and then change them out when you want a new look. You could also buy themed fat quarters for the holidays and have one pillow that you switch out for every holiday with a new cover.... the possibilities are endless!

I'm off to do more sewing... have a great week everyone.

2 comments :

Nancy said...

Nice projects. I enjoy sewing pillow covers too. I am totally in love with the tie onesie!

Brandi said...

You have completed some very nice projects Sandy! The little onesies are adorable!