Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Made a Dress... From a Pattern!

Believe it or not, I actually followed a store-bought pattern and made a dress! Trust me, this is big news for me, because I am not a fan of patterns... as you can probably tell if you read my blog, I prefer tutorials from the Internet instead! However, my sister wanted me to make her a dress, and she wanted one like the pillowcase dresses I make for toddler girls.  So I found this pattern:


View A is the one I made (the one she is modeling). It really does look like a pillowcase dress for adults!

I had one stumble as I was making it... entirely my own fault, nothing to do with the pattern. All in all, it was pretty straightforward and easy to do.

I know it looks long; that is because it's not hemmed yet. I want my sister to try it on so I know exactly where to hem it for her.


This is a view of the back. The ribbons tie in a bow on the back. And yes, that is bias tape you see lining the armholes... pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.
Now if I could just get up the nerve to try buttonholes, I could finish the jacket I started for her last year!!

No comments :